36 Advent Calendar Gift Ideas You Don’t Want To Miss
Advent Calendar by @Numero 74_Official & Photograph by @sesandjen
A sweet treat is nice to have every once in a while but enjoying fun and meaningful experiences as a family is where the holiday spirit really comes to life. That is where the memory making happens. We have put together a list of 36 ideas you can tuck into your advent calendar this holiday and pssst…. some work great as stocking stuffers too. Woot woot! They are broken up into 5 categories Create, Do Good, Gift, Enjoy and Experience.
- Make a gingerbread house.
- String popcorn or make pom-pom garland. We especially love the wooden pom-pom maker by the Pom Maker
- Make Holiday Ornaments as gifts for grandparents, aunts & uncles and teachers.
- Make smores over an open fire.
- Cut paper snowflakes.
- Send a letter to Santa Clause. Boddington’s Studio has this amazing ‘Letter to Santa Kit’ and the kids will even receive a response from Santa himself!
- Roll up your sleeves for a Christmas themed science experiment. There are some fun ideas here.
- Surprise your neighbors, mailman or local fire department with some homemade holiday cookies.
- Have the kids choose toys to donate.
- Feed a stray cat.
- Volunteer as a family at your local shelter to feed the homeless.
- Leave some spare change in a vending machine to make a stranger smile.
- Dumyé Doll Accessories: Bear Hug, Charm, Stepping Out or Petite Dumyé doll dresses all make for a sweet treat
- Temporary tattoo or stickers - Meri Meri has some super cute ones.
- Finger puppet – We especially love Claudia Marie's wool felted creatures
- Hair bow for the holidays
- Lottery Ticket
- Fun Socks
- Jump Rope – We are fans of this carved wooden one.
- Lip Balm of Nail Polish
- Mini Flower Press
- Share a holiday Joke.
- Share a favorite picture of your child and the story that goes along with it.
- Tell your child something you love about them or what you think makes them so special.
- Share a poem with them and if it captures the spirit of the holidays… that is even better!
- Surprise Hug Card – AKA they will be attacked by your hugs 10 times that day and they will never see them coming. Get ready to laugh… a lot.
- Sing Christmas carols in bed at bedtime.
- Go to pick out your Christmas tree or if you have it already - decorate it!
- Drive around the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights.
- Read a Christmas book.
- On Christmas eve sprinkle reindeer food in the garden to help Santa find your house. We love this magical reindeer food.
- Surprise them the day their Grandparents get in town to celebrate the holidays.
- Visit Santa for pictures.
- Dip into a warm bubble bath. We love this Santa bath bomb by Lush.
- Watch a Christmas movie.
- Sip hot cocoa with yummy marshmallows.
Have we missed anything?! What are you putting in your advent calendar this year? Let us know in the comments below.
Leave a Reply